Monday, May 24, 2010

Love.

I learned what love is. Finally.
And Mike must really love me.

Over the weekend Mike said "Do you want to go to Ikea?" I had not mentioned Ikea once that day...and for a guy who hates that place, for him to mention it out of the blue...must mean that he really loves me.

To be fair, I had mentioned Ikea a little earlier in the week. A little back story - We need more counter space in our kitchen. Who doesn't? Since we moved into our house, random shelving units have sat along a wall in our dining area - as an extension of our countertop, holding the microwave and other small appliances that we don't use every day.

One evening last week, I was flipping through the 2010 Ikea catalog while Mike was watching a TV show that I couldn't get into. Then lo and behold - I find the perfect table for our kitchen needs! The length is perfect to take up the whole wall and the depth is perfect too!So I show the picture Mike - as he his fully engaged in his show - and he glimpses at it and says "Oh yeah, neat". Oh well, I think to myself as I store it away in my memory bank for a later time.

I hadn't thought about it since until that joyous Saturday when my, ahem, husband, asked me if I wanted to go to Ikea and check it out! Wow! I didn't even think he was listening!!

Luckily, when we got there and saw it, he approved (he is very critical of Ikea furniture)! So now I have a new table that looks nice in our dining room and if functional for us as an extension of the kitchen! I'll post a picture after I set it up in a nice way...I'm still trying to figure out what goes where on/in it!

Love is going somewhere you hate just to make the one you love so incredibly happy. Thanks Mikey!!

1 comment:

  1. Too funny. That seriously is love. My Husband hates Ikea and sent me there alone this weekend to pick up more flooring. An hour later he calls me to find out where I am and I said "you sent me to Ikea by myself, I'm looking at everything!"

    ReplyDelete