Thursday, February 19, 2009

Home Alone.

The title of this entry sums it up. I will be home alone for at least the next 3 weeks, maybe even a month. Mike left early Tuesday morning to drive to Denver where his brother Steve and his family live. Mike will be helping Steve and a friend Chris 'flip' a house.
It's not so bad that Mike is away, yeah I miss him, and I wish I could be out in CO with him, but in addittion to Mike leaving the state, my parents also left to go to AZ for the next two weeks! And not that I hang out with Mike's parents by myself that often, but they are down in Branson for a week and a half. Before Mike left I asked him "Who should I call if I need something?" You know -help with something in the house, something with my car... He listed off a bunch of friends, who would be better with car issues vs. other things. My aunt and uncle live kind of close...but I wouldn't want to call them if it was something small...they'd have to drive almost an hour to my house!
Well yesterday I freaked out a little. During the afternoon I was at a different office than I normally work in (I'll talk about that in my next entry), I went to leave and my car wouldn't start!! I started going through the list of people who could help me in my head...now granted I could just go back inside the office and my boss would help me, but I took it to extreme thinking I was stuck. I did go back in and a couple people came out and my car started after revving the engine a bit while starting it...I guess it was just cold. Now I'm too nervous to go anywhere besides work and home incase my car doesn't start! I talked myself out of working out this morning because I didn't want to be stuck at the gym all sweaty at 6:30am...with no way to get back home.

Well - this is your fair warning Auntie JJ - You might be getting a call from your oldest neice needing to be picked up!!

2 comments:

  1. How bout you take the next month to come visit me? My car will start everytime, its not that cold here...and you miss me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You won't be alone for long! Girls weekend! See ya soon.

    ReplyDelete